Tuesday 28 July 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

As if by magic I'm past the 1000 hits mark, I didn't know my mum could hit refresh so fast!

I think that calls for a proper update (A gargantuan one at that!) to get some of the things I've been putting off posting about out of the way.

I've now finished with my first year at Camberwell and am spending the summer looking for work placements and live projects to be a part of. This also formed the basis of one of my last first year projects in which we had to create a C.V / mailout to promote ourselves.

I wanted mine to be simple and cheap to produce but at the same time have clever a presentational technique full of drawings that gave a sense of my work. In the end I settled on making a 'No staples zine' I found in this fantastic book with three spreads of my work which then folds out into a poster with a load more infomation about me.
















Here are a couple of photos of the finished package that I have been sending around to places and people.



















So far this summer I have been lucky enough
to spend some time at NB illustration agency getting an inside look into the world or artist representation and learning about some of the nitty gritty of the the illustration industry. They have some really great people on their books with my two personal favourites being Gemma Correll and Jonathan Burton

I have also just finished a project with my good friend Harvey Finch on a series of illustrations for a visual glossary for new University of Arts London students, sadly its for an internal website for the college only, so here are some of my favourite images I created.

















The last project I am currently involved in is creating one off record sleeves for the band Tubelord's upcoming single release.
I have literally just finished these tonight so will post about them seperately.

I think thats enough for now, I have got nearly all my in depth projects out of the way so I promise the picture to word ratio will tilt far more toward the pictures for a while.


I've bored you enough for now
.
T.

No comments: